Check your new, simpler member statement
A statement from a medical scheme is unfortunately often one of those documents that are filed without even being read, just because (for most of us!) it is just so complicated and detailed that we don’t know what to look out for. You will therefore be glad to know that the Scheme has redesigned its member statements to make it more user-friendly, so be sure to be on the look out for this new format, which is being rolled out from the end of September.
What you can look forward to:
- A simplification of all information.
- An up-front summary of overall claims processed.
- Clear, explanatory column headings.
- For Plans with a savings account component, a clear indication upfront of credit available vs. actual savings built up in the member’s name to date.
NEW: UPFRONT SUMMARY
COLUMN HEADINGS: BEFORE
COLUMN HEADINGS: NOW
What you will no longer see:
- Lists upon lists of benefit limits
- Back-office/administration codes that don’t mean anything to a member
- Unnecessary statements, disclaimers and more
We trust that you will find the new format far easier to use!